Saturday, June 21, 2008

Nickel Days

So, I was awaken at 7:30am, ummm thought I would get to sleep a little, daughter called to ask what time she should pick me up to go to the Nickel Days (which is a showcase mining days) Parade...duhhh,,, at 9:30 I told her....I guess she was just as exited as the boys...after I tidied up (hehe as usual lately) had a coffee and away we went...off to the parade...Too cute the little guys were very exited , the youngest doesn't remember last years, sooo I was all new... we had way too much fun...aftewards had to go down to the actual competition, that was really great...but a friend who came here from Saskatoon for this, (Scott) suggested I go get a hat. It was really gorgeous outside. Needless to say , I didn't and now I'm pooped. I didn't work on my quilt as I was outside all day...hehe that was a good thing.... anyhoot we will find out who actually is the "KING MINER" tomorrow, they have to talley up the scores. I'm posting just a few pictures of events...this is open to all (anywhere in the country or nation) who are willing to come to Thompson, MB (miners and none miners) and try to get the title of and also a few $$$.... Well, guys good luck and will post the winner tomorrow..

Event is put on by : Steelworkers of American, Local 6166 and Vale Inco


The boys and Mom,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Mascott King Miner Nick

.

defending King Miner-Joe Burton .............., stoper (drilling up),............ jackleg (drilling in wall)

..

Crib building and taking apart,............... slusher, ...................friend Scott

....

And their are several more events pictures but didn't want it to be too long of a blog LOL

No comments: