Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I'm Nuts LOL

Hi, well, I promised no renos and that's exactly what I did,,,NO RENOS til new year lol... I had a wonderful time last Thursday,,forgot to mention this, but some of the ladies from the quilt guild here, (few friends) took me on a little shopping spree lol... there was this 50% off at fabricland for members (of course I am :-) well we had a blast,,, thanks yous......did I really need more fabric,,humm well, why not I say (needed some neutrals for backgrounds) . We had a little snow dumped on us the night before last, lol,, looks a lot like xmas now LOL..(sorry)hehe..So I made sure I sewed and sewed... lol... finished my mystery blocks (36 log cabins) next Tuesday is our next clue and apparently it will be a harsh Dec clue...wow. that's fun, I also go to finish this loto block we have every month, but this time it's a team of 5 and we share the project to do... after that is finished (end of Jan) we then get each team to draw within the teams... does that make sense,,so my chances of winning the project is 1 in 5 and it's our own that you win,,,that's cool,,, But Today I thought to myself "I'm Nuts" LOL spend today making 8 tourtiere (meat pies) this is old tradition in our family and because supper is at our place, well, it just goes with the rest of the meal....and deserts and and and lol.. (ps it's make 1/2 ground pork and 1/2 ground beef) and spices...ummm of course we had to taste test for supper we snuck a piece lol... good stuff, but now we'll have to stop eating til Xmas (not)... hoping to get more baking or some baking this week but I will sew sew sew... here's a few pics and Ciao, Salute, Adios, Nighty, nite, Bonsoirs mes amis....... happy stitching to all.....lol
MYSTERY LOG CABIN BLOCKS (X36)
(clue #2 done)

THE LOTO BLOCK

.

MY LITTLE PURCHASE OF FABRIC

I MADE SOME BUTTONS FOR SNOWMEN AND THEY ARE MADE

WITH CLAY (PATPAT MY BACK LOL)

LOOKS LIKE CHRISTMAS

PRETTY

AND THEY SAID WE WERE CRAZY BRINGING OUR SNOWBLOWER HUMM USED ALREADY 3 XXXS LOL

..

UMMM TOURTIERE, AND CAN'T WASTE DOUGH,, PETTE DE SOEUR

(translate , is sorry ladies "nuns farts" lol)

.

ummm soo good, (spread butter on dough add brown sugar and cinnamon then roll and cut and bake) passed down from 6 genereations,,,couldn't wait to get these after mom made the pies when we were little one....lol

.

JUST A LITTLE HUMOUR (NO OFFENSE OK)

WAS TOO GOOD LMAO


6 comments:

pwl said...

Mmmmmm. Those little cinnamon roles - I have fond memories of my grandmother making that - only from one piece of left over dough - butter, brown sugar, rolled up and then curled into a roll - cut into slices - SO good. And tourtiere - DH buys us one each Christmas - it's tradition in his family too. :)

Joyce said...

I make those little cinnamon rolls every time I bake pies. The tourtiere looks delicious. I seldom make it but love it when I do. Now I'm getting inspired...

Myra said...

Love your poinsettia!!! Great log-cabins! Mmmmm pies...
I do believe you have more snow than we do now! Our cold is really getting colder. The dogs walk out onto the deck and they are right back in... 8-)
Been avoiding my sewing room this week... need to get in there!!!
Happy stitchings!

pwl said...

Hi Lise,

I received the Superquilter Proflex for Christmas last year from DH - this year I'm getting the stitch regulator for my Bailey (also from him) - he's definitely a keeper :)
I'm actually looking forward to some more quilting practice this weekend - I've got a few tops that really need quilting and I'm starting to get eager to finish them.

laurent said...

holy s#%t!!!i am licking my lips!!!those TOURTIERE anPETTE DE SEURS!!! i was born with that tradition too!!!an the reviellion xmas eve!!!!wow ps can u send some my way!!! lol take care we miss u !!!laurent

Hazel said...

Hi Lise for some unknown reason I can't post on my other blog so I started a new one ,hope you'll drop in .